Chocolate Fudge Cake is the stuff that dreams are made of!
Quick and Easy this Decadent Chocolate Fudge Cake is a crowd pleaser.
But before we get to the details and the recipe, I have a confession to make. Yup and it’s a big one.
You all know how much I love pie right? A homemade pie is #1 on my dessert list. Well, gulp, there are actually two #1’s on my dessert list. The second #1 favorite dessert for me is…..wait for it….Chocolate Cake. There I said it. I’m sorry.
Not just any ole chocolate cake, mind you. It has to be Chocolate Fudge Cake.
A moist and creamy trifecta of sugar and chocolate and more chocolate.
A big slice of chocolate fudge cake and big ole glass of milk to wash it down. My idea of snack! Or maybe whip up this little chocolate number to take to the next potluck you’ve been invited to. Or someone’s birthday at work? Surprise them with this amazing cake.
This awesome chocolate fudge cake recipe is adapted from Neilson Cocoa Recipes and it’s been around for awhile. Another little treasure I found in my Grandma’s recipe files. She would clip recipes from newspapers and magazines and put them in her recipe book.
Years ago, brands like Neilson, would create mini recipe books, and include them inside their product or on the backs of labels.
I’ve included a recipe for Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting – coz you can’t have a decadent Chocolate Fudge Cake without amazing frosting – am I right?
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp shortening, softened
- 2/3 cup of water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting
- 1/3 cup of softened butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups confectioner's, icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp. hot water
- Preheat oven 350F/180C
- Grease a 9" square cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper
- Measure flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, and sugar into a sifter
- Put shortening into a large mixing bowl and stir
- Sift the flour mixture into the shortening
- Add water and mix until dry ingredients are dampened
- Then beat 2 minutes at medium speed using an electric mixer
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat 1 minute longer
- Pour batter into pan
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until your toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool, then invert on cake plate
- Once cooled and crumbs are brushed off, frost with your favorite butter cream frosting
Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting
- Cream butter
- Sift cocoa and icing sugar together onto waxed paper
- Add one quarter of cocoa mixture to the butter and blend well.
- Beat in egg and vanilla
- Add remaining cocoa mixture and beat until smooth
- Blend in hot water at the end
- Makes 1 2/3 cups, enough to cover the top and sides of our Chocolate Fudge Cake!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 465Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 425mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 1gSugar: 58gProtein: 5g
We all love EASY right?
These recipes will put a smile on everyone's faces!
Just click that big button to get our latest content by email.