Chocolate Rum Truffles? Oh yes please!
Anyone with a sweet tooth will love you forever when you show up with these delicious sweet treats. The shot of real rum gets kicked up a notch when we add hot sauce!
Our Chocolate Mayan Bundt Cake has a little heat in it too! I think you will love it. 🙂
Chocolate and spices like cayenne and chili are a natural. Have you tried this amazing combination yet? Please be sure to check out my Chocolate Mayan Bundt Cake recipe. It will become your goto for chocolate cake!
Homemade chocolates are truly a gift from the heart, and this Chocolate Rum Truffles recipe is so easy you will be thrilled with the results.
Why not double the batch and give out special boxes of six truffles each? Six beautiful gifts to share. Homemade chocolates are so special and there are some really great recipes out there. I like Martha Stewart’s and there is a really nice recipe at Epicurious
Or maybe just keep all of these delicious Chocolate Rum Truffles for you and your honey….
I like to get all of my ingredients out and the tools that I will need, like measuring spoons and cups, the cookie sheet lined with parchment, candy cups, etc. and that usually saves me quite a bit of time.
- 18 candy cups
- 8 oz dark semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tbsp cold strong coffee
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp dark rum or brandy
- 1/2 tsp Hot n Honey Hot Sauce
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, for coating
- 3 tbsp confectioner's sugar, for coating
- Put chocolate in a large heatproof bowl
- Add coffee and cream
- Set the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and leave it until the chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally
- Remove bowl from pan and beat the chocolate with an electric mixer for 10-15 minutes until thick enough to stand in soft peaks
- Add rum and hot sauce and beat 2-3 minutes longer
- Chill covered 1/2 hours or until firm and at the same time chill a cookie sheet
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper and sift the cocoa over the paper
- Stand 18 candy cups on a small tray
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the truffle mixture onto the cocoa powder
- Roll in the cocoa, shaping into balls and place each ball in a candy cup
- For gift giving, pack each candy cup in a beautiful valentine box.
- Keep your truffles in an air tight container in a cool place until ready to serve.
We all love EASY right?
These recipes will put a smile on everyone's faces!
Just click that big button to get our latest content by email.