Crock Pot Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake.
This post may contains affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure Policy for the details.
Yes that’s right, a creamy, rich cheesecake that you make in your slow cooker.
I had no idea!
And once you make this awesome lemon blueberry cheesecake recipe, there will be no turning back!
Lemon and Blueberry recipes are really popular right now, and this Crock Pot Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake is definitely a winner in the easy dessert recipe category! And since it’s summer, it’s really too hot to get the oven going, even with air conditioning! 🙂
This post was originally published on July 30, 2017 and updated June 20, 2018 and June 18, 2019.
You will need: plain cream cheese, fresh blueberries, fresh lemon, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, eggs, heavy cream (35% MF) and blueberry jam.
LEMON BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE BACKSTORY
So I’ve been doing some research into cheesecake recipes using a Crock Pot or Slow Cooker. This Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake is adapted from a basic cheesecake recipe I found on This Old Gal.
The blog also has some great tips on cooking with Crock Pots and Instant Pots. I just made an amazing Mint Chocolate Cheesecake in my Instant Pot, so if you are wanting to try that as well, check it out!
This blueberry lemon cheesecake is the perfect summer recipe. You can plug in the crockpot or slow cooker indoors or out. We’re at the trailer so it’s the perfect way to add a delicious dessert to our weekend plans!
TIPS TO MAKE A PERFECT LEMON BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE
- In addition to your Crock Pot, you will need a 7″ spring form pan and some parchment paper.
- It’s really important to fully grease your pan and that also includes the parchment paper. That way your beautiful Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake will easily slide out.
- Follow the instructions exactly.
- Make sure you put the paper towel underneath the lid while baking. This keeps condensation from forming on your cheesecake.
- This cheesecake really is better after being in the refrigerator overnight, so make sure you bake it the day before you want to serve!
CROCK POT LEMON BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE FAQs
What is the best crockpot or slow cooker size to use?
The best size of slow cooker to use is a 6 quarter with a clear glass lid. I use the Crock Pot brand, and have included a link below as well.
Why do I need to use a trivet in the bottom of the crockpot?
There is an inch of water on the bottom of the slow cooker, so it keeps your cheesecake from getting wet!
Won’t my cheesecake get wet from condensation?
No, putting the thick layer of paper towels across the top of the slow cooker, just under the lid will prevent this.
Isn’t it easier just to bake the cheesecake in a regular oven?
Not really. Both take a little care when baking, but I prefer the Crock Pot since I can set the timer and go away and leave it. Sit outside on the deck with a cold drink and read a book, or just relax.
I think slow cooker cheesecakes are very Hygge.
What other flavours of cheesecake can I bake in my crockpot?
Let your imagination run wild! You could substitute other berries for the blueberries. Or perhaps omit the blueberries and lemon and add some chocolate. Or just a classic New York Cheesecake.
I’ve included the short video posted to our Facebook page Easy as Pie Recipes & More
The results? Well, you be the judge! I’m pretty sure this is the only way I’m making a cooked cheesecake from now on.
The texture of the cheesecake is just so rich and creamy, but not wet, if you know what I mean. The combination of the lemon and blueberry flavours is amazing.
You should print out some extra copies of this recipe to hand out to your guests, because they will definitely ask for it.
If you like this recipe, please be sure to give a 5 star rating!
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 pkgs 8oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 egg yolk (room temperature
- 3/8 cup heavy cream 35% fat
- 1/4 cup real blueberry jam or preserves
- Fresh Blueberries
- Lemon Peel
Spring Form Pan
- Grease the pan really well, putting a circle of parchment paper along the bottom, and covering the outside bottom with foil
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar together
- Press the mixture into the base of the 7″ spring form pan, pushing it up the sides a bit around the base
- Chill while you are making the filling
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla with a hand mixer until creamy
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat lightly
- Add the cream, mixing it in by hand until it is blended
- Pour into the spring form pan
- Using a teaspoon drop the blueberry jam in spots across the top of the filling
- Pull a knife slowly through the top, creating a marble effect
Get the Crock Pot Ready
- Put 1″ of water in the bottom of your crock pot
- place the trivet with handles (I use the one I got with my Instant Pot) inside and set the cheesecake on top
- Put two large sheets of paper towel over the top of the crock pot and set the lid on top
- Cook on High for 2 hours
- After 2 hours turn off heat and let the cheesecake sit inside the crock pot for 1 hour – do not remove the lid
- Remove the cheesecake from the crockpot, place it on a cooling rack and let it sit for 1 more hour
- Wrap the cheesecake in foil and refrigerate overnight
- Place a generous spoonful of blueberry preserves in the centre
- Dress with fresh blueberries and lemon peel
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you really do try this amazing Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake recipe.
Slow Cooker Cheesecakes are here to stay! I would love to hear how your cheesecake turned out, so be sure to leave me a message in the comments.
We all love EASY right?
These recipes will put a smile on everyone's faces!
Just click that big button to get our latest content by email.