Easy Homemade Strawberry Donuts.
Now you know I’ve been talking about making homemade donuts for months. Seriously. I even bought my donut pan at Christmas! (Hint: If you are heading to get one – buy the 12 donut pan)
But you know how it goes, first this thing, then that, yadda, yadda, yadda.
So today is the day.
These Homemade Strawberry Donuts are so easy! You guys! Why didn’t anyone tell me?
It’s Strawberry season here in Ontario, Canada so I wanted to use those luscious fresh berries, both in the donut batter and in the yummy frosting. I’ve included a strawberry donut frosting recipe too! If you love strawberries as much as I do, be sure to check out my recipe for Strawberry Pie!
And these Strawberry Baked Donuts (adapted from Oprah.com) are so yummilicious I dare you to have just one. Yep I do!
I’ve adapted these and put my own spin on the recipe – I’m sure you will love the result. Enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 3/4 cup finely chopped strawberries divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, stir together oil, evaporated milk, vanilla, and eggs
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Stir just until combined, add vinegar, and mix thoroughly being careful not to overmix.
- Fold in ½ cup strawberries.
- Lightly grease a doughnut pan
- Fill molds three-quarters full and bake about 12 minutes
- Mix together remaining ¼ cup strawberries, powdered sugar, and 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, mixing until you have a thick paste - you may need either more powdered sugar or lemon juice.
- Place doughnuts on a cooling rack and with parchment paper underneath, spread glaze on tops.
Here us the video!
We all love EASY right?
These recipes will put a smile on everyone's faces!
Just click that big button to get our latest content by email.