Lemon loaf cake or lemon bread is one of my favorite quick breads to make. This Starbucks Copycat Recipe For Lemon Loaf Cake is so easy to make, your family will want you to make it all the time!
The recipe makes two loaves, so you can enjoy one now, and freeze the other for later. Just take it out of the freezer and once thawed, drizzle on some of that lovely lemon glaze!
Be sure to check out the fun video below!
I think a freshly baked loaf makes a wonderful gift. I love to take a freshly baked ‘something’ when I’m invited out for dinner or just because. That sweet and tart citrus flavour wrapped up in a dense loaf, when the crumbs all stick together on your fork, you know what I mean? Oh and make sure there is lots of creamy white glaze drizzled all over it.
This post was originally published September 13, 2016 and updated on July 20, 2018.
You will need: 1 box lemon cake mix, 2 boxes of lemon pudding mix (not instant) eggs, oil, fresh lemons, powdered sugar, oil, sour cream and milk
EASY LEMON LOAF CAKE BACKSTORY
I really love lemon pound cake and especially the lemon loaf slices that you can get at Starbucks. But I don’t go to Starbucks very often, and I also prefer to make my own sweet treats, as I’m sure you do! So I thought I would figure out how to make my own version of this delicious lemon loaf. My hubby Mark loves lemon loaf cake with blueberries, and I’ve baked this loaf that way too. All you need to do is add 1/4 cup fresh blueberries to the batter.
If this is your first time visiting me, I like to take classic recipes and adjust them so that they are not only easier to bake, but take less time too. I want you to have time to bake delicious treats like this lemon loaf cake and find time to do everything else you need to do!
TIPS FOR A PERFECT LEMON LOAF CAKE
- This is a quick breads recipe, which means when mixing the batter, to use a very light hand when combining the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Just like muffins or other quick bread recipes, careful mixing will result in a dense, but very moist and tender Lemon Loaf Cake.
- Follow the instructions exactly as they are written.
YOU MAY NEED….
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of You Can Live Rich On Less/Pie Lady Bakes!
A lemon juicer and zester are two items that I often use in my recipes. I love this kit, its very good quality too and an Amazon Bestseller!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE….
If you are looking for a scratch recipe, then we really love the Lemon Pound Cake Loaf from Seasons and Suppers!
LEMON LOAF CAKE RECIPE
This lemon loaf is a lighter version of a loaf cake, not as dense as a pound cake. The fresh lemon flavours burst in your mouth, and the lemon glaze, with fresh lemon juice and zest makes the cake just perfect I think. Inviting some friends over for coffee? Pull out this delicious aromatic lemon loaf and serve big fat slices to your guests. You can serve it as a dessert too during the week, or a special sweet treat on a Sunday afternoon. No need to visit Starbucks at all.
If you like this recipe please give it a 5 star rating.
a richly flavored lemon loaf cake - almost like pound cake with a creamy vanilla frosting.
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix, 18.25 oz
- 2 pkgs lemon pudding mix, 4.3 ounce (pie filling) non-instant l
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, large
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed, or more to taste
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 loaf pans.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs, sour cream, milk, and 6 tablespoons lemon juice into bowl of stand mixer; beat for 2 minutes and pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool in the pans for 20 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat confectioners' sugar and 3 tablespoons lemon juice together in a bowl until smooth; spread thickly over the top of the loaves and let set before slicing, sprinkle with lemon zest.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 513 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 92mg Sodium: 501mg Carbohydrates: 78g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 50g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g
We’ve got lots of great recipes for you to see!
- Strawberry Donuts
- Peach Slab Pie
- Our awesome Cherry Pie
- Classic Apple Pie
- The easiest Biscotti recipe ever is right from Italy!
- S’mores Chocolate Lava Cake – Crock Pot magic
- We put tomato soup into these amazing muffins!