Mini Spaghetti Pie Casserole
This recipe combines two of my favorite foods – spaghetti and pie!
A match made in heaven to be sure and so quick and easy to make, I’m wondering why I haven’t thought of this before?
I know you are going to love these mini spaghetti pies! And those picky eaters of yours? Yep, you got this one!
This is by far the best spaghetti pie casserole you will ever make.
A delicious spaghetti ‘pie crust’ topped with a yummy meat sauce, and lots of Parmesan, ricotta and mozzarella cheese. It doesn’t get much easier.
There are lots of great recipes out there, I really like this one from Canadian Living, just click here.
With just Mark and I at home, making a full tray or baking dish of just one recipe doesn’t always make sense.
Making mini portions allows us to have individual meals that can be popped into the microwave. Am I right?
So we’re making mini spaghetti pie casseroles and using this awesome new mini pie baking tin I just got.
I think it’s very cool, don’t you?
I had some extra ingredients, so I doubled the recipe and also baked a 9″ spaghetti pie – to freeze for one of ‘those’ days, when I don’t feel like cooking a big dinner – 🙂
What I like about this recipe is that you actually use whole tomatoes, and season it yourself, not like the jar sauces that are already seasoned for spaghetti.
It has a really FRESH taste, that’s BIG on flavor. Know what I mean?
What You Need:
• 2 cups spaghetti
• 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
• 1 egg
• 1 1/2 tsp butter
• 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
• 2 tsp butter
• 1/2 cup onion
• 1/2 cup green pepper
• 1 clove garlic
• 6 oz lean ground beef
• 1 cup canned whole tomatoes
• 2 tsp tomato paste
• 1 cup mozarella cheese
Let’s Make It!
1. Combine all ingredients for crust
2. Spray mini pie tin (or 9″ pie plate) with nonstick cooking spray
3. Spread spaghetti mixture over bottom and up the sides to form a crust
4. Preheat oven to 350F
5. Spread ricotta cheese over the bottom of crust and set aside
6. in a skillet heat butter, add onion, green pepper and garlic and sauté until tender
7. Add beef, tomatoes, reserved liquid, and tomato paste
8. cook, stirring often until thickened and cooked through
9. spoon beef mixture over cheese and bake 20 to 25 minutes
10. Sprinkle each pie with mozzarella cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and begins to brown – about 5 minutes
11. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving
[clickToTweet tweet=”I can eat this easy spaghetti pie casserole recipe every day!” quote=”I can eat this easy spaghetti pie casserole recipe every day!”]
The mini pies are perfect for lunches and they freeze well too!
We love spaghetti and especially this spaghetti pie casserole! The mini pies are perfectly proportioned, and you can make a double batch and freeze them too!
- 2 cups spaghetti, cooked
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp butter, softened
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic , minced, add more if you love garlic!
- 6 oz lean ground beef, cooked
- 1 cup canned whole tomatoes, drained and chopped (reserve juice)
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 cup mozarella cheese, shredded
- Combine all ingredients for crust
- Spray mini pie tin (or 9" pie plate) with non stick cooking spray
- spread spaghetti mixture over bottom and up the sides to form a crust
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spread ricotta cheese over the bottom of crust and set aside
- in a skillet heat butter, add onion, green pepper and garlic and saute until tender
- Add beef, tomatoes, reserved liquid, and tomato paste
- cook, stirring often until thickened and cooked through
- spoon beef mixture over cheese and bake 20 to 25 minutes
- Sprinkle each pie with mozzarella cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and begins to brown - about 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.