Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Casserole. What a wonderful breakfast to wake up to anytime!
Well usually on the weekends right, because French Toast is lots of work and a Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Casserole? Well who has time for that?
You will need: Cinnamon Raisin Bread, eggs, cream cheese, whole milk, confectioner’s sugar, maple syrup
This post was originally published in January, 2017 and updated December 8, 2019.
You do. Yep. This amazing easy recipe will make you look like a rockstar the morning of, but you actually put it all together the night before.
Coz the bread needs to soak up all of that lovely cream cheese, eggs, whole milk and maple syrup!
The only thing you need to do is take it out of the fridge. Really? Yes really.
Just let it rest for 30 minutes and then pop it in the oven for 50 minutes. Yessss! Your lovely Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Casserole will just bake away while you tend to more fun things? 🙂
Well anything at all really.
I think sitting in my jammies, savoring that second cup of coffee (I must have two!) snuggled up with my sweetie – well that’s the best.
It’s the coziest breakfast ever, and very hygge.
And if you’ve got the whole fam at home, well maybe with that extra time you can enjoy visiting and getting caught up on all the news.
If you are really indulgent, you could go back to bed, but maybe set that alarm?
Although the delightful smells that will come from the kitchen while this amazing cinnamon raisin french toast casserole is baking might wake you up.
Or your rumbling tummy.
We enjoy our French Toast Casserole with lots of maple syrup and a delicious fresh fruit salad. And a little powdered sugar and whipped cream never hurt anyone. IMHO.
Oh and be sure to use real maple syrup. You can get amazing quality maple syrup at your local farmer’s market and there will be lots of maple syrup festivals coming soon!
This awesome easy recipe makes alot – probably enough for eight hungry folks, and it fills a 13 X 9 pan. So eat some now, and then freeze it for next weekend. Or just eat it all now.
I often make this recipe during the holidays, and it will travel with me. A busy hostess will definitely appreciate your homemade food gift!
- 10 cups of cubed cinnamon raisin bread
- 2/3 package cream cheese, 8 ozsoftened
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk, or 2% if you wish
- 2/3 cup Half and Half cream, coffee cream 10% mf
- 1/2 cup real Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp confectioner's sugar, for sprinkling on top later
- Grease a 13 X 9 pan
- Arrange bread in the bottom of the pan
- Cream the cheese
- Mix in the eggs, milk, cream, maple syrup and vanilla
- Pour over the bread and store covered in the refrigerator over night
- In the morning remove the pan from the fridge and let stand for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C
- Remove the cover and bake your Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Soufflee for 50 minutes - it will puff up and be a little crispy around the edges
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and serve warm
- Feeds 6 really hungry people or 8 regular servings
- Warm your maple syrup - it's the best. Honestly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We all love EASY right?
These recipes will put a smile on everyone's faces!
Just click that big button to get our latest content by email.