Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Cheesecake. Creamy, delicious.
Think Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. Only way better!
Have you heard about the Instant Pot? I hadn’t until just recently. It’s a pressure cooker, crock pot, steamer, rice cooker and yoghurt maker all wrapped up into one. Yup. A pretty amazing machine. Now we have just about every cooking gadget there is, but I was intrigued, and so headed out to our local big box store to see what all the fuss was about.
This easy dessert recipe uses an Instant Pot to make the most scrumptious, creamy & decadent Mint Chocolate Cheesecake ever!
In addition to your Instant Pot, you will need a 7″ springform pan and some parchment paper. It’s really important to fully grease your pan and that also includes the parchment paper. That way your beautiful Mint Chocolate Cheesecake will easily slide out.
I’ve included the short video posted to our facebook page Easy as Pie Recipes & More.
The results? Well, you be the judge! I’m pretty sure this is the only way I’m making a cooked cheesecake from now on.
- 3/4 cup crushed Mint Oreo Cookies
- 2 1/2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3 pkgs 8oz Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp Creme de Menthe
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk at room temperature
- 3/8 cup whipping cream 35% fat
- Heaving Chocolate Sundae Sauce
- Chocolate Peppermint cups
- Crush the Mint Oreo Cookies in a food processor until crushed, add melted butter and sugar blend well
- Press into your 7" spring form pan, that has been well greased and lined with parchment paper on the bottom.
- Press up the sides just a bit
- Put in the refrigerator to chill while you make the filling.
- With your handmixer, blend the cream cheese, sugar, creme de menthe and lemon zest until creamy.
- Add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, blending lightly.
- Add the cream, and blend this by hand, just until it disappears
- Pour the cream cheese filling onto the crust
- Pour one cup of water into the bottom of the pot
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the pot
- Put the cheesecake on top of the trivet inside the pot
- lay a piece of paper towel on top and lightly put a piece of aluminum foil on top of that
- Close the pot and make sure the vent is set to 'seal'
- Set the timer for Pressure cooking High for 40 minutes with a Natural Release of 15 minutes
- Remove the cheesecake from the pot and let it sit on the trivet for one hour, keeping it covered
- Refrigerate overnight before garnishing
- Pour your favorite chocolate sundae sauce around the top edge of the cheesecake. It will run down the sides and pool in the middle.
- I piled extra Mint Oreo Cookie crumbs in the middle, and added whole and chopped Chocolate Mint Cups.
Easy Family Recipes
We all love EASY right?
These recipes will put a smile on everyone's faces!
Just click that big button to get our latest content by email.