Are these homemade Maple Fudge Toffee Bars candy or cookie bars?
This post may contains affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure Policy for the details.
Well that’s up to you to decide! An easy no-bake recipe that has a delicious chocolaty toffee base, smothered in creamy maple fudge. Want some?
This is a recipe you make on the top of the stove – no baking required! We love no bake recipes, like our popular Nanaimo Bar Pie Recipe!
I love this simple maple fudge recipe for so many reasons, but I think the biggest reason, besides the out of this world sweetness, is the fact that I can make it on top of the stove and that’s a keeper for trailer life. If you’ve read my ABOUT page, you will know that my husband Mark and I love the RV life and spend a large part of the year at our trailer in Kawartha Lakes, Ontario, Canada.
In our family, we call this recipe Sweet Eileen’s, after my Mom, Eileen. Mom was a sweetheart and loved to try out new recipes, just like I do! I have a huge book full of recipes clipped from newspapers and magazines, some of them go back to the 1950’s. I am so grateful to have such a legacy.
Mom’s favorite recipes were squares or cookie bars, including this special Maple Fudge Toffee Bar recipe.
The ingredients are probably in your pantry right now, and all you need is a 8″ square pan.
1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup real
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
BaseMix butter, cocoa, water, sugar and eggs in a saucepan
- Bring to a boil over moderate heat
- Boil for one minute
- Removed from heat and add remaining ingredients and mix well
- Press into an 8 X 8 pan (or 13 X 9 makes a shorter bar), cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate
Fudge Icing - Melt butter, brown sugar in sauce pan
- Boil over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly
- Add Milk and Maple Syrup and bring to a boil
- Remove from heat and let cool until lukewarm
- Stir in icing sugar
- Frost the base
- Refrigerate until set