S’mores Chocolate Lava Cake from the Slow-Cooker is the perfect answer to any problem. You know THOSE days? When nothing goes right, and all you want is something sinfully sweet and delicious and the first thing you think about is CHOCOLATE! And not just any chocolate. We want molten chocolate, like you get in Chocolate Lava Cakes in a restaurant – like Denny’s or Chili’s. Those cakes that put a smile on your face every time. And this delightful concoction is a S’mores Chocolate Lava Cake, and we all love the combination of chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers!
We love S’mores recipes! Our Magic Cookie Bar Pizza is a reader favorite!
Chocolate doesn’t ask questions….chocolate understands. Am I right?
You will need these ingredients: Chocolate Cake Mix, Chocolate Chips, Instant Chocolate Pudding, Mini Marshmallows, Graham Crackers, Chocolate Syrup & Vanilla Ice Cream!
I love using my slow cooker – soups, stews, pulled pork, potatoes, chili, roast beef, chicken….. well I’m sure you do too. Why? Because it saves me TIME. What’s the one thing that people say on a Monday morning when you ask “how was your weekend?” Always, always – “it was too short!” So in addition to finding ways to make delicious pies and pastry – I’m searching for easy and quick recipes for you to make delicious desserts.
On long weekends I often make an amazing BBQ Pulled Pork. So following on that success, I’ve been researching recipes and wondering what other wonderful things I could use my crock pot for? I got my answer earlier this week from hubby Mark, who advised me that when he returned home to our RV last Monday the propane tanks were empty. Apparently all of the baking I’ve been doing in our little oven in the RV takes a ton of gas! Who knew?
We’ve since fixed that problem with a bigger tank, but I know lots of folks who RV full time, and even those that don’t RV at all that love to use their slow cooker for making delicious desserts. One of my favorite cookbooks is the Fix It and Forget It! and that’s where I found the basis for this recipe and modified it to make it easier!
Using a Crock Pot to make squares or bake a pudding or cake, it’s just not a connection I make when thinking about creating a dessert.
But after making this amazing S’mores Chocolate Lava Cake, my crock pot has moved to the top of my list for baking delicious Sweet Treats.
TIPS FOR A PERFECT CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE IN YOUR CROCK POT
- Grease the slow cooker and line it with heavy aluminum foil, leaving an overlap around the edge – so that you have something to grip to pull it out of the slow cooker
- Bake your Chocolate Lava Cake on low.
- To prevent too much moisture from getting on top of the cake, put a layer of paper towel just under the lid
- Follow all of the directions exactly
- Leave the lid in place for the required time. No peeking!
- Turn off the slow cooker and let the cake cool for a few minutes, before serving with your favorite toppings. Don’t worry the chocolate inside will be hot!
You may need:
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant of the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide us with a means to earn fees by linking to products sold on Amazon.com/Amazon.ca and affiliated sites.
Thanks for being part of You Can Live Rich on Less!
This is the exact Crock Pot that I use for all my recipes. I’ve had it several years, and the darn thing just keeps on cooking! Or in this case baking. Don’t you love the colour?! 🙂 This is the perfect size, and you can order this Crock Pot brand 6 quart Slow Cooker with a digital timer, right here. What’s great about this slow cooker and that you can remove the ceramic liner and take it to your table, party or potluck! And it’s an Amazon Choice with a ton of five star reviews!
I think you will really like these recipes too!
- Easy Apple Desserts
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Gummy Worm Rice Krispie Squares
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Gooey Chocolate Brownies
You may want to try a mini Chocolate Lava Cake without the S’mores Topping, so I found this wonderful recipe for you to look at! Tessa at Handle the Heat is a wonderful food blog full of delicious treats!
S’MORES CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE RECIPE
This is the perfect antidote to anything life can throw at you! At the same time, it is the yummiest chocolate cake recipe that will delight your family and friends every time. Got a potluck to go to? Just double the recipe and you’re good to go. Need a quick and easy dessert for the Sunday afternoon Tobogganing Party? I promise you this S’mores Chocolate Lava Cake will be a huge success! And you will of course be pleased as punch with yourself for being so creative and clever.
If you like the recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
- 1 pkg chocolate cake mix, 18.5 oz
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix, 3.9 oz
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 pkg mini marshmallows
- 1 tbsp Kahlua
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Mix Cake mix according to instructions, and pour into the greased insert of your slow cooker.
- Top with mini marshmallows - I use half of a package to cover the top of the cake batter.
- In a separate bowl, mix the instant pudding with 2 cups of cold milk. We used Unsweetened Almond Milk. Follow the package instructions.
- Pour the pudding mixture over the mini marshmallows. Then add the chocolate chips and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs over the top.
- Cover and cook on Low 2.5 hours. This time is exactly right, and I've had several failures!
- Serve with Whipped Cream or your favorite Ice Cream!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 428Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 413mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 5g
Serve your S’mores Chocolate Lava Cake with homemade caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream.
This cake is so rich and chocolaty, it won’t last long!
*This post has been updated and was originally published in September 2015.
We all love EASY right?
These recipes will put a smile on everyone's faces!
Just click that big button to get our latest content by email.