S’mores recipes are really popular right now and this one is no exception!
My mom used to make Magic Cookie Bars when we were kids but she called them Hello Dolly’s. The ooey gooey combination of chocolate, coconut, graham crackers topped with a thick layer of sweetened condensed milk – oh wow! You know what I mean!
This recipe has been baked I would guess millions of times and is also known as Magic Cookie Bar or Seven Layer Squares. I wanted to make a sweet treat to bring to my office, but didn’t want to include the walnuts – there are so many serious nut allergies these days.
Related: S’mores Chocolate Lava Cake.
Everyone loves s’mores right? So it was marshmallows to the rescue – mini-marshmallows that is. I layered them on the bottom and then again on the top. The sweet smell of baking chocolate, coconut and marshmallows was incredible and it was all I could do to not dig in! Just like s’mores around the campfire!
I decided to use a tart tin, instead of the usual square baking pan – I love doing that, converting a recipes for squares to a pie or tart, I’m always thinking in circles I guess! They don’t call me @pieladybakes for nothing! Once baked I sliced it with my pizza cutter. Cool huh?
I started with graham cracker crust bottom, followed by a layer of mini-marshmallows, then a cup of white chocolate chips, unsweetened desiccated coconut, then a cup of dark chocolate chips, and a final layer of mini-marshmallows. All topped with 300 ml of sweetened condensed milk. Yum-my!
As it baked the marshmallows started to pop up around the edges – it was pretty cool.
Just before I serve my S’mores Magic Cookie Bar Pizza, I drizzle it all with my special homemade chocolate sauce.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 10 oz
- 1 3/4 cups mini marshmallows
- Chocolate Sauce
- Place the oreos in your food processor and blend until crushed
- Press the oreo mixture into the bottom of a greased tart tin
- Mix the graham cracker mixture on top of the oreo cookie base
- Layer half of the mini marshmallows
- Layer the white chocolate chips
- Layer the unsweetened coconut
- Layer the dark chocolate chips
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over all
- Top with the remaining half of the mini-marshmallows
- Bake at 375F/190C for about 40 minutes - be sure to check your oven at 30 minutes. When those marshmallows are golden brown you know your S'mores Hello Dolly's Tart is done!
Smother in homemade chocolate sauce!
Do you have a favorite childhood recipe? Tell us about it in the comments below!