A great homemade hamburger recipe for your next BBQ!
My husband Mark and I are embarking on new journey – to become full time RV’ers by next summer.
Actually Mark is full time and I am working for one more year. It will all go by so fast.
So this blog post is all about how to make a great homemade hamburger and this recipe is one that Mark created just this past weekend. We pretty much split up the kitchen into two camps. I’m the Baker and he’s the Chef, so I’ll let him tell it…
This post may contain affiliate links* (what does that mean?)
Our family and friends often ask me how to make a great burger for the BBQ Grill. My burgers are famous!
Well, the essence of this homemade hamburger recipe is the combination of the turkey, beef and pork that triples both the flavor and juicy tenderness that we all love in a good burger.
When choosing ground beef, I use lean or medium cuts — you need a little fat to make the burgers tender. In addition to the ground beef, I included turkey and pork. Three 500 gram/1 lb. packages will yield eight well sized burgers.
I don’t measure ingredients, so I have listed them by name only. The fun part about cooking is experimenting with flavors and amounts until you get the “yummmm” factor. (Note: Mark cooks by taste and touch – so I’ve added the measurements to this recipe)
How To Make A Great Burger – Ingredients and Instructions!
Into a large bowl, combine the meat (s) until they are thoroughly mixed. Using a potato masher helps speed up the process.
Add the following spices to taste: *
- 1 tbsp each of Salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, Herbs de Provence (rosemary, marjoram, thyme and savory)[wpshortcodead id=”qmeqc5ada3bad0c4b4″]
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Hot Sauce – adjust to taste (depends on hot you like your food!)
- 1 package (10 oz) of mushrooms finely chopped
- ½ chopped sweet onion
Mix everything together and shape into patties. You will get 8 burgers from this recipe.
Make sure your barbecue grill is smoking hot. You won’t have to worry about burning the burgers because the combination of meats prevents this from happening.
Grill until almost done, then add our famous Best BBQ Sauce and cook until the sauce is caramelized.
We dressed these amazing Triple Flavor Homemade Hamburgers with heirloom tomatoes, garlic dill pickles, and our favorite condiments!
We served our burgers on fresh crusty buns or kaiser rolls with our favorite salad, like our Creamy Coleslaw! Voila! an instant feast.
These amazing homemade burgers would be perfect for a family BBQ or neighborhood potluck. Our post on How To Plan a Great BBQ Party, will help you plan a perfect party!
#BestBBQSauce, #hamburgers, #heirloomtomatoes, #homemadehamburgers, #hotsauce #scotchbonnetpeppers #three-meat hamburgers
- 1 tbsp Salt & Pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Hot sauce, depends on hot you like your food!
- 1 10 oz pkg mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef, lean
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp herbs de provence
- Mix the beef, turkey and pork together well, using a potato masher
- Mix everything together and shape into patties. You will get 8 burgers from this recipe.
- Wrap up the burgers on a tray with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Make sure your barbecue grill is smoking hot. You won’t have to worry about burning the burgers because the combination of meats prevents this from happening.
Like this recipe? Pin it below!
We all love EASY right?
These recipes will put a smile on everyone's faces!
Just click that big button to get our latest content by email.